Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My First Post

Since this is my very first post on my new blog, I want to make it somewhat meaningful and significant. And, as I just lost a bunch of text, I will try again - this blogging stuff may take some getting used to. :)

First off, I want to welcome each of you to "Journey of Faith." My aim in this blog is to share about my "journey" back to Uganda, as well as the continuation of my "spiritual journey," (that's where the "beyond" comes in from the title), which I believe will not reach a conclusion until Jesus returns or I exit this earth.
I pray you are encouraged and blessed as you visit on occasion (which I hope is often). I am excited about where God is leading me and will be happy to share the highlights of the "adventure."
I am also excited because I know without a doubt that God also has a unique and special plan for you as well. I hope that you will also share with me about your adventures, so feel free to comment frequently. : )

So, strap on your shoes, grab your walking stick and join me on a "Journey of Faith."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several months ago as I contemplated returning to Uganda and struggled with the lack of a clear, definite "billboard-in-the-sky" sign, I believe God gave me a scripture about acting on faith and not on feelings. It is Hebrews 11:8.

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out
to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance.
And he went out, not knowing where he was going."

I felt as if God was asking me to step out, just as Abraham did, not because he knew where he was going, but because Abraham was obeying the one Who had called him out. God also reminded me that I had a bit more "light" on my path than Abe did in that I knew where God was calling me to go - Uganda.

In recent months I have asked God over and over again that if He indeed wants me to return to Uganda that He will clearly open the doors and if not, to clearly close the doors. Up until now, He has only continued to open the doors and some He has thrown wide open. : )

As I close this first post, may I offer a bit of encouragement. I am not sure where you are or what you are facing. Perhaps the path ahead is dark and unclear - trust God to shine the light as you move forward one step at a time, relying on Him. Or perhaps you feel you are confronted with a wall - a wall of fear, doubt or regret. Again, look to Jesus, the Way, the Truth and the Life. He can make a way. He can dispel any doubt or fear. Trust Him.

3 comments:

  1. Ruthie! I have book marked this, so I will be keeping track, journaling has always been a great way for me to say my words. I am looking forward to reading your journey to Uganda. I am so envious of you to be able to travel and do a good thing while doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I found out from Lauren who found out from Mom that Ruthie started a blog! ;-) I'm looking forward to staying updated on your life's happenings, and I'm oh-so-excited that God has been, is, and will continue to be faithful in directing your life.
    Oh--and thanks for the sweet thank you note! That was fun to come home to. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I now have two followers and two comments. : ) Wonderful!
    Dani, thanks for being my first follower. I hope we can continue to stay in touch even as our lives take different paths. : )
    Mikaela, thanks for the comment! You and Lauren showed that maintaining a blog is possible (and I have certainly enjoyed following yours), so thanks for the lead in doing this. : )
    Yes, I am so very glad we serve a faithful God - who daily shows us His care and love in oftentimes remarkable ways. : )
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete