Monday, April 12, 2010

One Step at a Time...

  A Ugandan beauty

 Some encouragement from one of my favorite devotionals, "Streams in the Desert."

 "This is the blessed life - not anxious to see far down the road nor overly concerned about the next step, not eager to choose the path nor weighted down with the heavy responsibilities of the future, but quietly following the Shepherd, one step at a time.

 "God is in every tomorrow,
Therefore I live for today,
Certain of finding at sunrise,
Guidance and strength for my way;
Power for each moment of weakness,
Hope for each moment of pain,
Comfort for every sorrow,
Sunshine and joy after rain."


Source: "Streams in the Desert," pages 32-33.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you--that is perfect for the uncertainty I am going through right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that, Ruthie! That is a precious word of encouragement for me today and this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren and Mikaela, I am glad the post encouraged you as it did me. :) Bless you both!

    ReplyDelete