Thursday, January 7, 2010

Packing with My Pal Flex

 Hi, y'all! Time is passing quickly! If you wonder why I haven't posted in a few days, it is because I have been packing, saying goodbyes, trying to care of such details as taxes and voting, and just all around attempting to get ready to leave on Saturday for Uganda. Saturday, really? Wow, that is only like two days and a wake-up away! : )

 Part of yesterday and today were spent packing. It has taken longer than I thought it would be, hours in fact. But, I have had the companionship of my new frog pal, Flex. He was given to me by some dear friends who know my love of frogs. Flex is rubber and flexible, thus earning his name. He will be traveling with me to Uganda, so expect to see more of him. Here are some photos of our packing adventure.

The goal: To fit all of this, as well as my clothes and linens in a suitcase and storage tote, weighing a total of 120 pounds. Do you see my friend Flex in all this mess?

Ah, ha! There he is - trying to stow away in my bath tote! I'm learning that Flex is a sneaky guy! :)

Flex, up close and personal. (He really just wanted a photo of himself without all of my stuff.)

Not empty for long.

Just hanging out.

Flex doesn't weigh anything, so he can go. :)

Ziploc bags and rubber bands - a packer's best friends. :)

Flex takes it easy while I work.

Flex listens to violinist Joshua Bell while I slave away.

Oops, he almost got rolled up in one of my shirts.

Flex scales a mountain of clothes. He says I'm taking too much, but that's easy for him to say.

I had to move to a larger suitcase.

Flex gets caught in the middle.

 Well, you may be asking, did we do it? Did we fit all of my stuff in the suitcase and container? Well, you will have to wait and see 'cause we are still not done yet. :)  Flex and I will keep you posted.
 By the way, Flex said he's already packed.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog Ruthie! I hope you have a safe trip to Uganda (sp?) I will miss you while you are gone, once you get there please post your mailing address and I will send you a card or two from Oregon :)

    I think what you are doing is amazing. You are such a great person and I am happy to have met you. KEEP SAFE down there..and keep Flex by your side at ALL TIMES =)

    big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, Dani! I will miss being here and all of my family and friends, but I am also excited to go. :)
    My mailing address in Uganda will be: Shepherd's Heart International Ministry, P.O. Box 295, Jinja, Uganda (no zip code).
    I appreciate your kind words, too. Keep up the marathon training - you'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete