Sunday, January 6, 2013

Caught Red-Handed

So, when a crime reporter sits down across the table from you, one might become nervous.  "Did I finally get caught?", you think, with perspiration forming on your brow.

Yes, I did get "caught" - doing and fulfilling the passion God has put on my heart at this time. :)

A few weeks ago, a friend submitted my name and contact information to The Daily News, a newspaper based in Longview, just across the river. The newspaper was seeking stories about people in the community for their new series, "Sunday Snapshots." It was a joy to sit with Tony Lystra, the TDN "crime and courts" reporter, who is part of the "Snapshots" rotation, and tell him about the islands of Uganda, the youth there and how God is bringing hope for these young men and women.

The story was published in today's paper and can be found online at this link.

Phew! So, I guess since Tony didn't ask about the one time I was pulled over for "evading" a police officer, my "criminal record" is still under wraps. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment